Advanced Manufacturing & Transportation Apprenticeships of California
Do you want to turbocharge your career? Are you looking for advancement potential and better earnings?
AMTAC and our partners have a 20 Year history certified by the State of California, the US Department of Labor and many of California’s best companies.
We offer programs for maintenance and repair, machinists, CNC setup and operators, tool & die makers, mold-makers, automotive body, automotive mechanic, automotive painting, automotive repair and related skill sets. These skills are in demand throughout Northern California by hundreds of well-known employers .
The need for highly-skilled technicians in many industries, including: Aerospace, Electronics, Instrumentation, Public Utilities, Automotive, Medical Devices, Industrial and Energy means your career has a bright future!
Check out the map below for a location near to where you work or live - Not every school offers all certification programs, but we'll help you find the right one for you.
Earn while you learn
Whether you’re just starting out after a high school diploma – making a career change or just want to improve your skills and pay/advancement – a certified apprentice program is a proven option.
You work full-time for your employer during the day and take 4 hours per week on average of evening instruction to complete 2,000 hours of work and about 144 hours of class and shop instruction each year .
California’s best companies
Apprenticeships through AMTAC – and our partner organizations (California Tooling & Machining Unilateral Apprenticeship, and Northern California Automotive & Machinist Joint Apprenticeship) – are paid by their non-union Employer or their union Trust – upon qualification of the apprentice.
Advance Your career now!
Get started today! Talk with your employer or union representative, check out the locations below and use the tabs above to begin the enrollment process.
Through the years, more than 400 apprentices have completed programs through the sponsorship of 200 of California’s best employers.
Find a Program Near You
- Choose a Manufacturing or Transportation Career
- Click on the Contact Link Above to Connect with Us
- Talk with Your Employer or Union Representative
- AMTAC Will Connect with You
Returning Veteran or Unemployed?
- Unemployed : If you have a high school diploma and otherwise have qualifying mechanical aptitude and experience – we may be able to help you find employers. Send a cover letter and your resume to: email@example.com
- Veterans : Are you a veteran interested in apprenticeships? Send your contact information to Swords to Plowshares at firstname.lastname@example.org .